Clayhanger Lodge is set within farmland high above Chesil Beach, it is a spacious and light, detached barn conversion enjoying spectacular views across lush green fields to the ocean beyond. The property has been awarded a five star gold rating by Visit England. Sleeps 6 (3 large ensuite bedrooms with flat screen TVs). 1 cloakroom.
Split-level kitchen/living/dining area. Well-equipped kitchen with tiled floor, range cooker, American fridge-freezer with filtered water and icemaker, dishwasher, washer/dryer and microwave. Light and airy living area with wooden floor, solid wood dining table and big squashy feather sofas. 43″ Smart TV and Bluetooth speaker. Downstairs cloakroom. Boot room. Glass doors on both sides of the living room, one leading out into the private garden and one leading onto the gravel drive and to the raised terrace with teak dining furniture. Charcoal BBQ provided during summer season.
Three large ensuite bedrooms. Two with super king sized beds. One twin room with zip and link beds that can be made into a super king bed upon request. All bedrooms have flat screen TVs and ensuite bathrooms with showers over the baths. All beds are very comfortable with Egyptian cotton bed sheets, goose feather and down duvets and pillows and beautiful countryside views from all windows.
Dogs are welcome upon request (maximum 2).
Clayhanger Lodge is located in the beautiful village of Abbotsbury on the Jurassic Coast.
View Luxury Dorset Cottages in a larger map
From the Clayhanger Lodge Guestbook
- A lovely house – had everything we needed. Very comfortable beds – a well deserved rest!
- Who can ask for more? Lovely house, will come again.
- Lovely property, fantastic location. A really comfortable base for a relaxing week in a beautiful county.
- Great holiday! Great house, very light and modern – best sleep I’ve ever had in those beds.
- A Stunning barn conversion in a wonderful setting we loved all the furnishings and it had everything we could want for a very comfortable stay.
- It was a real delight to stay in such a beautifully converted place amidst stunning countryside.